It’s official – there are now more people watching YouTube videos every month than doing searches on Google. It sounds amazing but it is true. Every month there are about 9 billion searches on Google and in that same time span over 10 billion YouTube videos are watched.
Here are five guidelines to help grow your company’s business using video online.
One key with any website strategy including online video production is to test, test, test. Brainstorm as a group, ask your customers what they would find helpful and track the results.
- Video Quality: Homemade is just fine. It is more about getting in front of web searchers than impressing them with your Spielberg-like style.
- Video length: Make shorter videos. If you have a longer topic then split it up into a few sections. This will give you more videos, and also keep visitors interest longer. If you have great info buried three minutes in, few people might stick around to see it.
- Video titles and descriptions: Clearly describe your video topic with keywords and tags in your YouTube listing and on your site. Use keywords that customers might use to find that product in an online search.
Video topics: Pick topics based on questions customers frequently have. You can even answer questions via video and send them out to customers for feedback to see what resonates.
- Video topics: Pick topics based on questions customers frequently have. You can even answer questions via video and send them out to customers for feedback to see what resonates.
- Getting followers: Post some videos as a response to questions online. If you find a chat board or YouTube channel where questions are being asked that you can answer, post a video response. Statistics show that this is one of the best ways to grow your follower base online.